Trust Me, by Jayne Ann Krentz

>> Tuesday, March 25, 2003



This weekend I also read Trust Me, by Jayne Ann Krentz.

Desdemona Wainwright thinks Sam Stark looks much too calm for a man who has just been left at the altar. But she was hired to cater his wedding, not to save it. She marches into Stark's den to demand the much-needed payment for the canceled reception -- and discovers opposites do attract!

Head of a multimillion-dollar company, Sam decides Desdemona would make the perfect no-strings-attached, stand-in wife, little dreaming how she will drive him crazy with desire.

But when someone breaks into Sam's secret computer files, sinister intrigue swirls around this unlikely pair. Now they must discover the real appeal of unstoppable passion and unbreakable faith...

This one was a very solid A+. How could I have forgotten how great Trust Me was? It's definitely in my top 5 JAKs, with Ravished, Mistress, Family Man and Fabulous Beast. Yes, this is very much a comfort read, but this doesn't mean it's mediocre in any way. It's much more than just comfort, everything was excellent, the characters, the supporting cast, the setting, even the suspense subplot, which isn't usually something I enjoy much. Just perfect.

There's not much I can say about this one that I haven't said a 1000 times before about other JAK books, simply because the good things here were what I've loved about this author's other books, only here they are especially well-done and satisfying.

Stark and Desdemona were lovely, and I just adored their relationship. Sam was so socially inept! Those scenes where he simply ignored all social conventions were priceless, and, as Desdemona said once, he was too sexy to be tacky!

Ok, I'll stop now, because all I'll be able to do is gush!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP