On vacation

>> Friday, February 17, 2006

No, that's not quite where I'm going, and I don't have a hammock (bummer!), but I am planning to do absolutely nothing but read and rest and just generally laze around all over the place, so the photo seemed appropriate.

I'm all packed and ready to go: a small bag of clothes and, as I'm sure you've all guessed, a larger, much heavier bag of books, enough for a couple of months, really :-)

I'm taking only 5 days vacation, because I'm trying to save most of my vacation time from the last couple of years for a certain something I have plans for in the second half of the year, but it's Carnaval on February 27th and 28th (the Monday and Tuesday right after next week), and that's a holiday here in Uruguay, so I'll have a grand total of 11 days in which to rest, which is more than enough.

The plan is to go to Punta del Este, where my parents have a place. It's a pretty busy, fashionable place in January, but it calms down in February, so it's just perfect.

I'll probably check my email every now and then (if only to delete all spam and keep my account from getting clogged), but I'm going to try and stay as far from the computer as I can, so no blog posts from me for a couple of weeks, and no blog-hopping. See you all when I get back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP