July 2013 wish list

>> Saturday, June 29, 2013

Quiet month again, but a few interesting ones by authors I haven't tried before.


Books I'm definitely planning to get



Enthralled, by Lora Leigh, Alyssa Day, Meljean Brook, Lucy Monroe (Jul 2)

I’m buying this only because it includes Meljean Brook’s Salvage. I’ve tried all 3 of the other authors before, and my feelings go from ‘meh’ to ‘euwww’ (bet you can guess which one is the ‘euwww’!)





Taking Him Down, by Meg Maguire (Jul 23)

Under her Cara McKenna pseudonym, Maguire wrote one of my favourite books this year, After Hours. As soon as I finished that one, I bought all her trad-published books (and I suspect I’ll move onto her long self-pubbed list as soon as they’re read). What’s this one about? I didn’t even check.


Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on



Lick, by Kylie Scott (Jul 1)

‘Cause Brie said it was cute, and when I went to check it on goodreads, Jane’s review tempted me further. It’s a waking-up-married-in-Vegas story with a rock star hero, which is not normally my thing, but I’ll give it a shot.





The Officer and the Secret, by Jeanette Murray (Jul 2)

I’m honestly not sure about this one. Just going from the blurb, I like the suggestion that they have become friends at a distance (by letter, online?), but is really Veronica’s big secret that her parents were missionaries? That sounds a bit silly. I think I need a couple of reviews before I buy.





The Story Guy, by Mary Ann Rivers (Jul 8)

It sounds quite different and intriguing. The setup is an online ad (placed by the hero) reading “I will meet you on Wednesdays at noon in Celebration Park. Kissing only.”, and this review really made me want to read it. Plus, the author blogs at Wonk-o-mance, and I really like several of the other bloggers there. I should really try all the authors who blog there, actually!





Betrayed by Trust, by Ana Barrons (Jul 8)

I’ve never heard of this author, but I really like the sound of this one. There’s a hint of political secrets, a hero who betrayed the heroine’s confidence and needs to earn it back (the title is a clue, duh!), and a DC, politics setting.

4 comments:

Brie 1 July 2013 at 03:31  

The Story Guy is a beautiful story. I do want to talk about it, though, so I hope you read and review it ;-)

Have you read Jeanette Murray's previous books? Because I gave up halfway through The Officer Says I Do, but I wonder if maybe I should give her a second chance.

Rosario 1 July 2013 at 06:47  

I shall put it at the top of the TBR :)

I haven't read Jeanette Murray before (her name looked familiar, but I think I might have been thinking of Jeanette Gray, whom I did read a while ago), and this is not making me want to try!

Christine,  24 July 2013 at 21:08  

"Taking him Down" is a sequel (of sorts) to "Making Him Sweat" as the protagonists are introduced in MHS. You may want to read it first but I am sure it can stand on it's own.

Rosario 27 July 2013 at 08:32  

Thanks, I do have MHS, so I'll make sure I read it first. One of my reading resolutions this year is not to feel like I should start at the beginning of series if I only fancy a later entry, but in this case, I'm very interested in both.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP