May 2014 wish list

>> Thursday, May 01, 2014

Not many this month. I had only a couple on this until I had a look at the Open Thread for Authors at Dear Author!

Books I'm definitely planning to get


It Happened One Wedding, by Julie James (May 6)

James is an autobuy. I don’t even bother to check what her new book is about any longer.





Otherwise Engaged, by Amanda Quick (May 7)

3rd in the Ladies of Lantern Street, apparently not a paranormal, so I will definitely be reading this!



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


To Charm a Naughty Countess, by Theresa Romain (May 6)

The author describes this as "a Pygmalion story with an virgin hero and a rakish heroine". Sold!





How to Rope a Real Man, by Melissa Cutler (May 6)

The author’s description sounds like fun, and I’ve never seen a Jewish cowboy hero!





Laugh, by Mary Ann Rivers (May 6)

There's nothing really in the summary that would normally make me pick up a book, but I've heard good things about this author and have been meaning to try one of her books.





If I Stay, by Tamara Morgan (May 12)

What attracted me to this one were the hints of Libby’s London Merchant in the description. The heroine is the nanny at the large home of a wealthy family. She’s in love with the son of the family, but it appears the hero is actually the chauffeur.





Mark of Cain, by Kate Sherwood (May 20)

This is m/m romance and the author’s description sounded really interesting. It’s about an Anglican priest whose brother was killed a few years ago, and the man who killed him. The author mentions that it explores the issues of repentance and forgiveness. Sounds pretty heavy, but I'm interested.

2 comments:

Barb in Maryland 1 May 2014 at 15:47  

Hi
Just finished the Amanda Quick and I found it quite enjoyable. Absolutely no paranormal elements at all.
However, it has absolutely no connection to the two Lantern Street books. Which is fine by me.

Julie James is also an auto-buy for me. I've already pre-ordered this one.

Rosario 2 May 2014 at 06:42  

Thanks for that, Barb. I wonder why I thought it was part of that series. It's fine by me as well! It seems she's dumping the Arcane Society, yay!

I've already preordered a copy of the James, too. I'm really excited about it, although possibly not as much as my sister, who's an even bigger fan.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP