April 2015 wish list

>> Monday, March 30, 2015

This is shaping up to be a really good month. Plenty of books I'm going for without a second thought, and quite a few that intrigue me.


Books I'm definitely planning to get


The One In My Heart by Sherry Thomas (Apr 6)

This is Sherry Thomas doing contemporary. The plot doesn't sound particularly interesting (it's a 'pretend girlfriend' thing, which can be a bit tired), but it's Sherry Thomas, so I'll be definitely trying it.





A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley (Apr 7)

I think Susanna Kearsley is probably my most automatic autobuy. I will buy anything she writes. Period. This one sounds brilliant, too.





The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre (Apr 7)

To be honest, after reading the blurb I'm not quite sure what this is about, just that it's New Adult. But since I've really liked Aguirre's take on NA, I'll be picking it up.





The Liar, by Nora Roberts (Apr 14)

I haven't loved Roberts' latest non-In Death books, but I live in hope. This one sounds like a very typical single-title RS Nora. We'll see.





Garden of Lies, by Amanda Quick (Apr 21)

Krentz seems to have moved away from the half-baked paranormal lately and her books have been more enjoyable, so I'm looking forward to this one.





Sweet by Tammara Webber (Apr 27)

Yay, a new Tammara Webber that is not just a retelling from the other POV!



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths (Apr 2)

Latest in the Ruth Galloway series. I haven't unreservedly loved the ones I've read, but her setups always sound very tempting.





The Other Side of Midnight by Simone St. James (Apr 7)

1920s, mediums, a war veteran whose vocation is debunking psychics. I'm definitely interested.





Taken by Charlotte Stein (Apr 14)

I really don't know if I want to read this. The blurb sounds really messed up (and, incidentally, I HATE those 1st person blurbs), but if someone could pull it off, it's Stein.



A Dance with Danger by Jeannie Lin (Apr 21)

I didn't love the one book of Lin's that I've read, but I've been meaning to try her again.

4 comments:

Barb in Maryland 30 March 2015 at 16:18  

Your must get list looks almost like mine. I already have the Kearsley in hand (thank you, Books a Million) and so far, so good. I haven't had the chance yet to really sink into it.
As for the Thomas, I'll read anything she writes, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she handles a contemporary story.

Wendy 30 March 2015 at 16:47  

I'm looking forward to the Lin and Stein - and thanks for the heads-up on the St. James. That one slipped under my radar and it sounds right up my alley.

Rosario 30 March 2015 at 20:16  

Barb: I'm so envious! I wish it was coming up a week earlier, just before the long Easter weekend. It would be the perfect treat.

Have you read Thomas' YA paranormal? I though it was quite good.

Wendy: They do sound good, those two. I didn't like the first in that Stein series as much as you did, but her voice usually really works for me, so I'll probably get it.

Barb in Maryland 30 March 2015 at 21:03  

Rosario--I think BAM broke street date on this--I'm not sure. But I was happy to get it 'early'. Now, if I could just carve out enough time to give it my full attention!
Yes, I've read Thomas' YA fantasy/paranormal books and can't wait for the third. I really enjoyed the first two.

Wendy: Alas, I keep trying Jeanne Lin--I so want to like her books, but she just doesn't work for me. And I do believe I have picked up almost all of her titles, hoping that maybe this book will be the one.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP