November 2015 wish list

>> Friday, October 30, 2015

I'm almost back to normal after holidays and a really busy period as well, so back to posting my wish list for the next month!


Books I'm definitely planning to get


Jeweled Fire, by Sharon Shinn (Nov 3)

New entry in the Elemental Blessings series. I love the world Shinn has created in this series, and though the second book wasn't quite as fantastic as the first one, I have high hopes for this one.





Stars of Fortune, by Nora Roberts (Nov 3)

First in a new trilogy called The Guardians. The last trilogy was pretty crap and it's been a while since Roberts has done a good one, but I can't not give her a try!





Playing with Fire, by Tess Gerritsen (Nov 5)

The main thing to note with this one is that it's not part of the Rizzoli/Isles series, but a standalone thriller. Seems to have a bit of a paranormal twist, too. I'll totally read it.





S.P.Q.R.: A History of Ancient Rome, by Mary Beard (Nov 9)

Non fiction. I love Mary Beard as a public figure and broadcaster,and the reviews of this one have been really good.





Once Upon a Marquess, by Courtney Milan (Nov 10)

This has been on my wish list marked as "coming out soon" since July. It's actually showing with a Nov 10th date on Milan's website, so I'm thinking it might actually be about to come out this time! What's it about? Who cares, it's Courtney Milan!




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


The Game Plan, by Kristen Callihan (Nov 1)

Callihan's NA books are of the type that is not usually my thing (regular girl falls and high-status guy -an NFL player, int his case), but the first was actually an ok read (still need to review that one!). This one seems to have a virgin hero, so I might give it a shot.





Burn It Up, by Cara McKenna (Nov 3)

Just noting this one, at this stage. I have the first in this series, but I haven't read it yet. It's a motorcycle club book, which is really, REALLY not my thing, but it's Cara McKenna, who can pretty much sell me on anything. We'll see.





Smoke and Mirrors, by Elly Griffiths (Nov 5)

I haven't been 100% enamoured of the Elly Griffiths books I've read, but this one sounds really good. It's a different series from the one I read, it's set in Brighton in the 1950s during pantomime season, and the crimes seem to have some sort of fairy tale inspiration. Too tempting!





Incapable, by Ainslie Paton (Nov 8)

The hero is a voice actor, which, as an audiobook fan, is something I find fascinating.





Unnatural, by Joanna Chambers (Nov 24)

Sounds interesting. It's about two childhood friends who became estranged "after a passionate encounter". One of the guys, the one who (I deduce from the blurb) caused the rift, is determined to restore their friendship. I've liked Chambers' writing before, so I might try this.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  30 October 2015 at 12:17  

The Kirsten Callihan book does sound interesting! NA isn't really my thing, but I enjoyed her PNR series a lot, so I might give this one a shot.

Rosario 31 October 2015 at 10:45  

I tried to read her paranormal series, but it didn't work for me. I liked the NA book I read better!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP