Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by JK Rowling

>> Monday, June 23, 2003

Thursday 19th was a holiday here in Uruguay, the anniversary of the birth of our national hero, José Artigas. I requested leave on Friday too, and I went on my own to Punta del Este for a little relaxation. It was horribly cold outside and there was nothing to do, so I just... read!

First, I reread Harry Potter #4, HP and the Goblet of Fire, to prepare for the release of #5 (I don't know when I'll be able to get it, but so far I've been resisting the temptation to read spoilers).

Well, what can I say that hasn't been said a thousand times before? It was excellent, and I liked it just as much as I did when I first read it. It's imaginative, intriguing, exciting, dark, and very definitely not just a children's book.

There were quite a few details I didn't remember well, especially about the dénouement, so I'm very glad I read it. I can't wait! (and Hermione, you can't imagine how much I envy you!!)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP