>> Friday, August 01, 2003

Friday Five questions of the week:

1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings?

7:00, or a bit earlier if I'm going to the gym (if I go any later, all the treadmills are occupied!).

2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late?

I actually wake up at 7:00 too, unless I've stayed out late the night before. Even then, I try never to sleep past 9:30 or so... And, to tell the truth, it's not all that common for me to be out late. My friends and I have become little old ladies since we reached the quarter-century mark. "Going out" for us is now going out for dinner or a few drinks, and we tend to be back home by 1:00 AM at the latest.

I just hate sleeping in. It feels like I've lost most of the day, if I wake up too late. Mornings are my favourite part of the day, especially Saturday mornings. I read the newspaper, solve the very difficult Saturday crossword puzzle and settle in to watch the English Premier League football game. Bliss!

Actually, football was what made me realize how much I love mornings. The World Cup last year was played in South Korea and Japan, which meant that the games started at 3:00 AM Uruguayan time. Since I wanted to watch every single game, I started going to bed at 8:00 in the evening and waking up at 3:00 AM. It was so beautiful, being the only one up, having breakfast while everyone slept, that I continued waking up early when the WC was over... not quite as early as 3:00 AM, but earlier than I used to.

3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning?

Make breakfast and read the newspaper.

4. How long does it take to get ready for your day?

I usually go to work at 1:00 PM, so I don't really get ready for my day in the mornings. I usually spend my morning at my computer, working on a paper I'm doing (and which doesn't seem to move forward at all!) and of course, answering my e-mail.

When I do get ready, though, at about midday, it takes me about 15 minutes to shower and get dressed.

5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast?

I never go out for breakfast. I'd love to, but I don't know of any places that "do" breakfast near my house (except for the MacDonald's, but that's not a possibility!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP