Meme

>> Thursday, March 30, 2006

As far as I can tell, Giselle started, it then Kristie did it, then Tara and that's where I got it from.

1. FIRST NAME? María. I'm actually María del Rosario... "Mary of the Rosary", if you translate literally. But I'm usually just called Rosario, because way too many Uruguayan women are called María Something (the María is supposed to bring you the protection of the Virgin Mary, apparently), so it would get too confusing if everyone were called by their first name. Hell, even my sister is María Lucía, which causes no end of trouble. I keep getting stuff meant for her.

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Strangely, no. My parents just liked the name. And I say strangely because my maternal granddad was originally from a small town in SW Uruguay called Rosario, but apparently that didn't influence my parents' choice at all.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Saturday before last, 9.00 PM. In church, during my sister's wedding. My eyes teared up the minute the doors opened and I saw Lu, and I really let loose when I had to go up to the altar and make this little speech giving thanks. Thankfully, it was a short speech, because I broke down a couple of time in the middle of it.

4. WHAT IS ON YOUR DESKTOP BACKGROUND? I've got webshots, so it varies every half an hour. Right now it's a picture of Machu Pichu, in Peru.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? I haven't got the slightest idea of what this would be in English, but it's something we call "lomito canadiense", even though there's probably nothing Canadian about it. We seem to have some kind of culinary fixation with Canada here. What's pretty much the national dish is a meat sandwich called "Chivito Canadiense" ("Canadian small goat", believe it or not), which you can see here or here. No idea what Canada has to do with that, either!

6. KIDS? Nope, just the cats.

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I hope so!

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL ? You're on it!

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yep, and it can sometimes be a bit too pointed. I have to take care with that.

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, I had to have them removed when I was 3. It got to a point where I could barely eat, so my granddad (who was an ear, nose and throat surgeon (won't even try to spell otorhyno...whatever!) took them out).

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I don't think so, I'm not one for physical risks. Emotional risks, risks with my career, that kind of stuff, yes, but I just don't see the point in stuff like bungee.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Nestlé Fitness

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES ? I don't usually use shoes with laces, but when I did, I tended not to untie them.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Strong enough to ask for help when I need to.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? When I could eat sugar, before I was diagnosed with resistance to insulin, I loved pistachio and marrons glacés.

16. SHOE SIZE? Oh, damn. Mine is 36 in the scale we use here in Uruguay. Let me see if I can find a converter... yep, seems I'd be a 6?

17. RED OR PINK? Red. I hate pink.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I can be arrogant.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My best friend who moved abroad.

20. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? No pants, a knee-length dark blue denim skirt, with burgundy boots (it's getting cold here!)

21. LAST THING YOU ATE? Chicken and green salad.

22. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The murmur from the TV. I've got Spanish Television on, waiting for Saber y Ganar (a wonderful quiz show) to start.

23 IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Dark green

24. FAVORITE SMELL? Jasmine

25. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Mom

26. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Eyes. The shape of them, really.

27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No one sent it, I stole it from other blogs, but yeah, I like all the people in whose blogs I saw it!

28. FAVORITE DRINK? Red wine

29. FAVORITE SPORT? Football (the one you Americans call soccer *g*). Though I'm boycotting Uruguayan football this year and haven't gone to the stadium even once. *sigh*, the Centenario used to be my home away from home.

30. HAIR COLOR? Dark brown, with a few bronze-coloured highlights, only a couple of tones lighter, so I don't need to go to the hairdresser's to do my roots. Though I think I'll probably be visiting them more often, because I've recently been finding some gray hairs. It's weird how the roots are so much like my cat's whiskers'!

31. EYE COLOR? Brown

32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope

33. FAVORITE FOOD? Mentioned this one in my laste meme: hummus and tabbouleh on pita bread.

34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings, no doubt about it.

35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? It's been a while. I don't think I've been to the movies since I went to see Brokeback Mountain in early February.

36. COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Red and purple sweater.

37. SUMMER OR WINTER? I think probably winter.

38. HUGS OR KISSES? Can I have both?

39. FAVORITE DESSERT? Chocolate. Fortunately I've found this wonderful German sugarless chocolate at my local supermarket. The other sugarless choc. brands I tried didn't taste bad, but they just didn't taste like chocolate!

40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?

Shadow and Silk, by Ann Maxwell (aka Lowell): good so far. Reminds me of my fave Lowell, Tell Me No Lies.

Lord St. Claire's Angel, by Donna Simpson. I've read only a few pages. So far, I'm hating the arrogant ass of a hero, but I'm pretty sure he'll get his comeuppance.

Wish List anthology. I've already read the Kleypas (bad), Cach (great) and Sands (awful) stories. Still need to read the Claudia Dain.

41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Nothing, it's just red.

42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Saber y Ganar (it's on every week night)

43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Laughter

44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles, but I'm not a huge fan of either of them.

45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? London, England.

46. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I read very fast?

47. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? December 13th, in Montevideo, Uruguay

48. WY DID YOU ANSWER THIS SURVEY OF YOURSELF? Because I like talking about myself ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP