September wish list

>> Friday, August 31, 2012

Books I'm definitely planning to get

Quite a few this month again!

Midnight Scandals, by Courtney Milan, Sherry Thomas & Carolyn Jewel (Aug 28)

Technically a late August book, but I thought it'd be out in September last month, so I didn't include it in my August wish list. It's on my wish list because I’ve loved Milan’s novellas and one of her short stories, and I’m curious to see what Sherry Thomas, one of my favourite authors these days, does with a short. I haven’t read Jewel for quite a while, so it’s probably time to try her again.




Riveted, by Meljean Brook (Sep 4)

Another one that shouldn't technically be here, since I was lucky enough to get an ARC, and have already read it. If I hadn't, though, it'd be the book I'd most covet in September.




The Lost Night, by Jayne Castle (Sep 4)

I haven't really got excited about a new JAK book for a while, since IMO, her best books are long in the past. I do still read her, though, and her books are comfort reads for me. This one doesn't sound like anything new, so I think I know what I'm getting.




Delusion in Death, by JD Robb (Sep 11)

As with the previous book, I think I know what I'm getting with the latest in the In Death series. That's where all similarities end, though. Even after 30+ books, this series still excites me, and I drop everything to read each new book. This one sounds really interesting and quite scary.




The Casual Vacancy, by JK Rowling (Sep 27)

I have no idea what to expect from this one, so I'll be approaching it with a completely open mind (and without reading any reviews, if I can help it). Rowling is a fantastic storyteller, and I'd be willing to follow her into any genre she may choose to write in.




The Duchess War, by Courtney Milan (late-middle to late September)

I read the prequel novella that sets up this series, and it did its job wonderfully. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy it, it made me really want to read the main trilogy.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on

Books I might buy depending on what reviews look like.

Gather the Bones, by Alison Stuart (Aug 23)

Another one I should have included in last month's round-up, but when I added it to my wish list (I think because of a post in one of the Dear Author open threads), the release date was early September. Anyway, it sounds really interesting. From the blurb, it's set right after World War I, and the heroine and her late husband's cousin (do I smell a romance there?) are investigating an old mystery, that might have something to do with the heroine's husband's death.



Ruined By Moonlight, by Emma Wildes (Sep 4)

Wildes is an author I've been meaning to try for a while, and this one sounds pretty interesting. A young woman ("the reigning belle of the ton") disappears from London at the same time as a notorious rake, and the hero (who sounds like quite a serious man) is sent after them.




Blackwood, by Gwenda Bond (Sep 4)

I found out about this one at the Book Smugglers’. The plot description caught my attention, as it involves the Lost Colony of Roanoke, and a group of people disappearing from the same spot the present day.




Adaptation, by Malinda Lo (Sep 18)

This sci-fi, end of the world-type thriller sounds fascinating -like Hitchcock’s The Birds crossed with a government conspiracy.




Rapture, by JR Ward (Sep 25)

This is part of the Fallen Angels series, of which I’ve read only one. Even though I wasn’t crazy about it, and I’ve kind of gone off Ward, I might still pick up the next one in the series. Possibly from the library, though.




Seven Nights in a Rogue’s Bed, by Anna Campbell (Sep 25)

The beauty and the beast-type plot appeals to me, but I’ve read two of Campbell’s books already and she didn't really work for me. We’ll see, I might be tempted by good reviews.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP