January 2013 wish list

>> Monday, December 31, 2012


I'm going to go bankrupt, so many books from autobuy authors, and just after Christmas, too!

Books I'm definitely planning to get



The Madness Underneath, by Maureen Johnson (Jan 2)

I loved the previous book, The Name of the Star, and this one sounds promising. No Ripper here, but Rory, with her newfound powers, gets involved with a string of unexplained murders in London.




The Other Side Of Us, by Sarah Mayberry (Jan 2)

To be perfectly honest, the plot summary is not one that would normally tempt me in the least. This is Sarah Mayberry, though, and whatever she writes, I will happily read.




Dream Eyes by Jayne Ann Krentz (Jan 8)

Still hanging in there with JAK, hoping for another great one. The last one I read did have a nice romance, and the blurb on this one goes on about “primal attraction”, which doesn’t sound very JAK-these-days, so I’ll hope against hope.




Be Mine by Jennifer Crusie, Victoria Dahl and Shannon Stacey (Jan 22)

I really disliked the one Shannon Stacey book I read, but I love Victoria Dahl and the Jennifer Crusie story, although already published, is one I haven’t read yet.




The Firebird, by Susanna Kearsley (Jan 28 in the UK)

Not technically on my wish list, as the wonderful Susanna Kearsley was kind enough to send me a review copy a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to mention it, if only to remind UK-based readers that it's coming out. It’s wonderful, BTW.




A Woman Entangled, by Cecilia Grant (Jan 29)

A Lady Awakened was one of my favourite books of 2012, and it landed Cecilia Grant straight on my autobuy list. This one sounds great, too.




That Scandalous Summer, by Meredith Duran (Jan 29)

I love Duran’s writing, and the sound of this one. A belle of the ball heroine who’s secretly lonely, a scandalous hero... yum!




Crazy Thing Called Love, by Molly O’Keefe (Jan 29)

The plot sounds kind of meh to me, but I’m buying this just on the strength of O’Keefe’s Can’t Buy Me Love, which I loved (and which I really need to review soon).



Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on reviews for



Show and Tell, by Kate McMurray (Jan 8)

I saw this one at the Dear Author promo thread for authors, and liked the sound of it. Reincarnated lovers, antiques, sold!




Unforgivable, by Joanna Chambers (Jan 15)

I’m not sure about this one. I liked Chambers’ The Lady’s Secret and want to read more by her, but I HATE stories where there’s a separation in which the hero whores around like mad and the heroine stays all nice and chaste. So I guess I’ll wait for reviews.




When She Said I Do, by Celeste Bradley (Jan 29)

I enjoyed Bradley’s The Pretender many years ago, but haven’t read her in ages. This Beauty and the Beast plot might tempt me to try her again.

7 comments:

Mean Fat Old Bat 1 January 2013 at 00:50  

Why do I visit your blog? Every time I visit your blog I max out my giftcard balance at Amazon. Why? Why?

Because you lead me into good reads, that's why!

Happy New Year!

Liz Mc2 1 January 2013 at 06:11  

Like you I am eagerly awaiting the Grant, especially. Even though I don't think JAK's recent books are as good as her older ones (they lack . . . enthusiasm somehow) and they don't break new ground for her, I have an Audible credit waiting for Dream Eyes. She's solid, polished, and the predictability makes these books I listen to over and over when I need comfort and distraction. It seems silly to say I can't wait for a book I expect to be kind of a C+ but it's true.

I just bought more Susanna Kearsley on sale and I must read her. Molly O'Keefe, too.

Rosario 1 January 2013 at 11:53  

Happy New Year, Marilyn and Liz!

Marilyn, hope you got a few amazon gift cards over Christmas, then, because I've got my Best of posts coming up! :)

Liz: I do know what you mean about JAK, crazy as it may seem. Sometimes that's just what you want, knowing what you're getting, and that there aren't going to be strong, uncomfortable emotions. I still feel very sad when I read her older books, though!

Li 1 January 2013 at 15:24  

I'm very tempted by THE FIREBIRD - have been seeing good reviews pop up, but I (still) have not managed to get to the one Kearsley I still have in my TBR pile. Maybe that can be a 2013 resolution?

I will wait for your review on the JAK before deciding!

Rosario 2 January 2013 at 06:23  

Li: I would recommend that you read The Winter Sea before The Firebird (maybe The Shadowy Horses as well, but that's less necessary), so maybe make that one the new year's resolution?

Li 2 January 2013 at 19:56  

Oooh - I need to double-check but THE WINTER SEA may just be the Kearsley I have. Else I'll have a look at the library - thanks for the info!

Rosario 2 January 2013 at 22:55  

Li: BTW, it was republished as Sophia's Secret, so if you have that title, it's the same book!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP