May 2013 wish list

>> Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Only 1 book on my 'definitely get' list, but a fair few which sound like they could be good.

Books I'm definitely planning to get



A Prior Engagement, by Karina Bliss (May 7)

Bliss is still one of my few autobuy authors in category romance, and I like the sound of the plot. It’s always good when an author takes a ridiculous plot (like amnesia) and tries to do something different with it.


Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on




Undeclared, by Jen Frederick (May 1)

The author describes it at DA’s open thread for authors as “New Adult book featuring a Marine and his pen-pal of four years”, which sparked my interest.





Where It May Lead, by Janice Kay Johnson (May 7)

I haven't read Johnson before, and this one could be a good place to start. The plot certainly interests me, but I suspect it will probably sink or swim on how understandable the heroine's actions are.







Thinking of You, by Jill Mansell (May 7)

Sounds cute, and I really liked the one Mansell I read.






Heart of Iron, by Bec McMaster (May 7)

This is part of a steampunk series. Much as I love the steampunk element in Meljean Brook´s Iron Seas series, I haven’t read more in the genre, and I really should. I've heard great things about the first one, Kiss of Steel, so I probably start with that one, though.





Feel The Heat, by Kate Meader (May 7)

This is a début author, I think. Even though the previous ‘chef’ books I've read haven’t really worked for me, I can’t help but keep trying!





Keeping The Moon, by Sarah Dessen (May 11)

I've been meaning to try Dessen for a while, and this apparently has a protagonist who is adjusting to losing a lot of weight, which is something I went through at that age.





Like This, For Ever, by SJ Bolton (May 28)

I read and enjoyed the first one in this series (even though it was on the borderline of being too graphic), and it's one I mean to keep up with.





Exposed, by Laura Griffin (May 28)

The heroine is a forensic photographer, which I don’t think I've seen before. Griffin hasn't been a complete success for me before, but I'll keep trying her every now and then.





Once upon a Tower, by Eloisa James (May 28)

This is one of James’ fairy tale retellings, this time with a ‘princess in the tower’ theme. I'm not quite sure what’s going on from the blurb, but I’ll give it a shot.





Any Duchess Will Do, by Tessa Dare (May 28)

Hmm... I’m not sure about this one. There seems to be this sort of Pygmalion theme to it, Duke and serving girl, but Dare has been able to make me enjoy really unbelievable stuff before, so...

2 comments:

lakaribane 30 April 2013 at 14:18  

You know I use your list as inspiration so will be noting some of those titles. I wasn't a fan of YA so not warming up to NA either but that may change, who knows?

IIRC, there were some MKT books for free @Amazon.com but I didn't try them.

Those free books are addictive to me, as a true HT national, of course, LOL! But they are largely misses.

Anyway, May looks interesting.

Rosario 30 April 2013 at 15:36  

Good :) I'm not a big fan of YA, either. Well, YA romance, anyway. NA reads completely different, the characters are not children any longer, the dynamic feels completely different. You should try a couple. May I suggest Easy?

MKT? Can't figure that one out!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP