December 2013 wish list

>> Saturday, November 30, 2013

I usually divide my wish list into two groups: one with books I'm definitely getting and one with books that interest me, but which I want to read some reviews for first. This month, all the books are on the second group.



No Place For a Dame, by Connie Brockway (Dec 1)

A new Connie Brockway, yay! I do love her historicals. The plot is not something that I’m particularly drawn to (heroine dressing up as a man to join the Royal Astronomical Society, a bargain with the hero, who’s engaged in solving a mystery, etc.), but in her hands, it could be great.





Christmas At The Castle, by Marion Lennox (Dec 1)

I’m not too sure about this one (since moving to England, I have a lot of trouble with aristocrats in contemps), but it’s Marion Lennox, and I do like her books.





Out To Lunch, by Stacey Ballis (Dec 3)

This looks like it could be quite the angsty one. From the description, it looks like the heroine falls in love with her late best friend’s widower, which could be an iffy setup if handled wrong. I’ll keep an eye on reviews.





A Christmas For Carrie, by Alison Packard (Dec 5)

I’ve got a bit of a love-hate relationship with Christmas stories. They can be great, but they can also be much too saccharine for me. I like the sound of this one, with its Christmas-hating heroine and what sounds like a nice, beta hero.





Tinsel My Heart, by Christi Barth (Dec 5)

Another Christmas novella, and one that sounds even better to me. It’s got a theatre setting, and this particular sentence draws me in: “Even though it means working with Becca, the girl he always wanted, lost to Ty, but never forgot.”





Beguiled, by Joanna Chambers (Dec 24)

I liked Chambers’ The Lady’s Secret, and have been meaning to read her again. I liked the sound of this one, mainly the idea of a romance between a lawyer and a lord during the Scottish Englightenment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP