December 2014 wish list

>> Sunday, November 30, 2014

I think I must be missing some releases, because there aren't as many books here as I would expect.

Books I'm definitely planning to get


In Too Deep, by Kate Sherwood (Dec 1)

I only recently discovered Kate Sherwood's books. I loved Mark of Cain and The Fall. This one sounds good as well, although it seems to be a reworking of an earlier work. I'm not sure how I feel about that.




Love Me Tender, by Susan Fox (Dec 2)

I recently read and really liked the previous book in this series, Gentle On My Mind. The hero of Love Me Tender is a character there, and I did think as I was reading that I'd be interested in reading more about him.





Die Again, by Tess Gerritsen (Dec 30)

The latest in the Rizzoli and Isles series, which I really like. I've been hoarding the previous one, as I don't want to get completely caught up with it!




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


Say Yes to the Marquess, by Tessa Dare (Dec 30)

Dare has been hit or miss for me lately. Her plots are preposterous and silly, but sometimes they work for me wonderfully. I might try this one.





The Duke of Dark, by Desires Miranda Neville (Dec 31)

Miranda Neville is an author whose books keep catching my eye, even though the two I've read have been Cs. However, one was a novella and the other the first in a series which people told me got a lot stronger in later books. I might give her another shot, and this one sounds interesting.

4 comments:

Unknown 30 November 2014 at 19:57  

I'm gonna try Tessa's new one as well. And you're right, her plots are silly, but to me that's the best thing about her books. She's my to go author when I want to read sweet, silly things. =)

Rosario 30 November 2014 at 21:15  

It's a bit of a fine line for me. I adored A Week To Be Wicked, but A Night To Surrender and Any Duchess Will Do didn't work for me at all, and they're all just as silly!

Wendy 1 December 2014 at 01:31  

I've had an ARC of the Gerritsen for what seems like forever - and still haven't picked it up. I'm blaming ennui, because I really enjoyed her last several. But man, you were smart to save the last one! It's been two years since Last To Die was published and my memory is hazy. I know I'll get caught up to speed once I start the new one it's just, you know, I need to start it.

Rosario 1 December 2014 at 06:04  

She does take her time, doesn't it? It feels like most of my go-to mystery writers do (and PJ Tracey is even worse than Gerritsen). I read the last Gerritsen when I was away in Uruguay over Christmas, and now that this new one has come out, I'll probably do the same this year!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP