March 2015 wish list

>> Saturday, February 28, 2015

Not a huge number this month, but a couple I really, really want to read.


Books I'm definitely planning to get



Vision in Silver, by Anne Bishop (Mar 3)

I find the books in this series (this is the 3rd one) strangely compelling, just like the worldbuilding.





Shadow Scale, by Rachel Hartman (Mar 10)

I read the first one in the series (Seraphina) recently and loved it. It's fantasy, with dangerous dragons and a heroine who's part human, part dragon, something that's not supposed to happen. It was recommended as appealing to those of us who loved Addison's The Goblin Emperor, and Megan Whalen Turner's and Kristin Cashore's books, and that was spot-on.





Sweet Agony, by Charlotte Stein (Mar 26)

I love Charlotte Stein's closed off heroes.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein (Mar 5)

I haven't yet read Wein yet (I have Project Verity in my audio TBR), but I've heard such universally positive reviews that I'm noting this one down.





Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania, by Erik Larson (Mar 10)

I quite liked Larson's The Devil in the White City, and I'm interested in the subject matter here. I'll see what reviews look like.





Shooting for the Stars, by Sarina Bowen (Mar 16)

I'm not a huge fan of the whole "my best friend's sister is off limits" plot, but I liked Blonde Date well enough that I'm willing to give Bowen a few chances.





Red Queen, by Victoria Aveyard (Mar 26)

I'm not sure about the plot (there seem to be some logic issues), but I think I'm being seduced by the cover!

2 comments:

Darlynne,  28 February 2015 at 17:20  

I am feeling overwhelmed by books these days, the usual so-many-so-little-time dilemma. But thanks to you, Elizabeth Wein's new book is on hold for me at the library. You owe it to yourself to read CODE NAME VERITY. Just, you know, plan on having your heart ripped out. It was worth every moment because I read it twice and listened to the audio book.

Rosario 1 March 2015 at 07:46  

Sorry! :-D I think that's why I haven't picked it up yet: I keep waiting to be in the right mood. But I don't think I'll ever actually feel "I'm ready to have my heart ripped out", so I should just read it anyway.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP