Back from holiday!

>> Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hi everyone, I'm back from Uruguay to a freezing cold Liverpool! It was a really good holiday, with lots of family, lots of long morning walks (see photo below) and, as usual, lots of reading.

Photo of my nephew
Morning walk in Punta del Este
My reading kind of continued the trends of the previous year. Very little romance and most of it wasn't great. Even favourite authors like Courtney Milan and Nora Roberts didn't do the trick. Thank heavens for Cara McKenna. I read two of her books right at the end and they really worked for me. I did a lot of non-romance reading, however, and most of it was great. Quite a few non-fiction books, a much higher proportion than I usually read, and my two favourite reads (SPQR, by Mary Beard and HHhH, by Laurent Binet) were both in that genre. I'll be posting reviews in the next few weeks.

5 comments:

Li 16 January 2016 at 11:34  

Welcome back!

Sounds like an amazing break - am so jealous of the view. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on your holiday reading!

Barb in Maryland 16 January 2016 at 21:22  

I'm looking forward to your reviews of Slade House and Archivist Wasp (which made my best of 2015 reading list).
I've got the Mary Beard Rome book on my read this someday list. You will probably convince me to read it sooner rather than later...
Glad to have you back.

Rosario 19 January 2016 at 06:32  

Li: Thanks! I've made copious notes, so I will be posting reviews really soon :)

Barb: Ah, I'm afraid Slade House wasn't quite on my top reads list. I liked lots about it, but it didn't gel completely for me. I'll get to that review soon!

And yes, I'll do my best to convince you to read SPQR straight away. You won't regret it!

RomiiMac 23 January 2016 at 22:13  

Just found your blog! I look forward to reading your reviews and getting ideas for books to read next! I am from Uruguay and stumbled upon here looking for Uruguayan bloggers but I am also a huge bookworm so I was excited to see that the blog was all about reading!
I wanted to ask Ifyou have a goodreads account?
Take care :)

Rosario 24 January 2016 at 14:51  

Hola RomiiMac! Brilliant, I don't know of any other Uruguayan bloggers, so it's great to meet you. I do have a goodreads account; hmm... should probably add that info somewhere on the blog! I think this is the right link to share: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/13656797-rosario-http-rosario-blogspot-com Hope to see you there! :)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP