>> Monday, August 26, 2002

I've had it. Still reading Thirty Nights and Hunter's turned into Superman now. He's just fought a terrorist and thrown him over a cliff. Singlehandedly. I'm wondering: why didn't that idiot terrorist take a gun into the island? Oh no, he had to kill his target with his bare hands. Sorry, but I don't think I've ever read of a terrorist hit where a target was strangled or beaten to death.

And did I mention I find the science in this book (Hunter is a scientist involved in a very hush-hush project) very suspect? A computer model which predicts a group's behaviour based on the region's history and values and the DNA of a sample of the population? Hmmm. Can we actually predict personality with DNA? I mean, I know scientists keep announcing they have just identified "the gene which determines alcoholism", but I thought this was just hype.

Off to work now. I'll probably finish this in the evening, though I'm tempted to stop reading right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP