>> Friday, September 12, 2003

And now, the questions from Friday Five:

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?

It's still the same: "María del Rosario"

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?

Hmm, I like Rosario, but not María del Rosario, so that's probably what I'd change. If I had to change it to something completely different... for some reason, I like V names, like Veronica, Virginia and Victoria. Probably one of those. Oh, or Lucia, which is my sister's name. It's not fair, I was born on the day of Saint Lucia, the name should have been mine!

As for my last name, I suppose I might like to change the spelling. It's got a double t in a place that's counterintuitive, so people always spell it wrong.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)

My parents just liked the name. Both of them were named for their parents, so as the eldest, I was supposed to be either Carmen Raquel or Amadeo, but they decided to break the tradition and just give me a name with no particular history. What's funny is that my grandpa was born in a city named Rosario (not the well-known one in Argentina, one near Colonia, in Uruguay), but that apparently wasn't a factor when the decision was made.

If I had been a boy, my mom wanted to name me Juan Ramón, for a Nacional football player (the same Juan Ramón (Carrasco) who is coaching the Uruguayan National Team these days). My dad, a Peñarol fan, was horrified!

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?

I love the name Nicolás. No reason, I just like the way it sounds. As for names I hate, I can't think of any. A horrible boss I once had ruined the name Pilar for me, but that's all.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?

Let's see:

Your first name of Rosario has made you desire system and order and to progress step by step, yet you are taken into new experiences, turmoil, and change and rarely can you fully complete an undertaking to your satisfaction.
[Not really, I like change, and too much routine bores me]

You are extremely analytical and sometimes critical of both others and of yourself, and must guard against sarcastic speech and temper.
[Oooh, yes. That part's completely right.]

At times you feel torn between your desire for system and order, and your need for change and new experiences. You do not accept new ideas readily and do not appreciate unsolicited advice.
[I adore new things, but I do tend to resent unsolicited advise.]

You tend to be impulsive and could attract accidents as a result. The opposing forces in your nature affect your nervous system, causing tension in the solar plexus, indigestion, ulcers, or growths, and moods of depression. You have not found the happiness nor the settled conditions you desire.
[Wrong wrong wrong.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP