On hiatus

>> Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm very pleased to announce that the blog will be going on a hiatus for the next couple of weeks. The reason I'm pleased, is that it's because I'll be taking my first proper, non-family-visit holidays since I moved to England.

I've had plenty of time off in the last few years, so I swear I'm  not moaning and I recognise how lucky I am. I do a long visit back to Uruguay over Christmas, and then whatever leave I've got left (usually not much) is used up when family come and visit throughout the year, to spend time with them.

What I haven't been able to do since I moved here is take holidays where the focus is on discovering and exploring new places. I've taken a Friday off here and there to do city breaks, and they've been fabulous, but it's not quite the same.

Well, this year, I'm finally doing it. My friend C and I are flying off to Amman, in Jordan, tomorrow, and after a couple of days exploring the city on our own, we're joining a group doing a tour round the country. We'll be visiting Crusaders' castles and ancient ruined cities, floating in the Dead Sea, spending a couple of days in Petra, camping in Wadi Rum and snorkeling in the Red Sea. I can't wait!

7 comments:

Angiegirl 11 September 2013 at 03:47  

Oh, it sounds amazing! Have such a wonderful time.

lakaribane 11 September 2013 at 13:06  

Ro, that sounds marvelous! I am on vacation myself (because HR is threatening everyone with accumulated vacation days, turns out I have a ton) and just got back from a week-end in the South.

My BFF is in Liban for a wedding but some sightseeing too. I had hoped to go to Italy next year but the budget is not having it.

Anyway, have fun, hope I get to see some of the pix.

Frannie,  11 September 2013 at 21:41  

I hope you have a wonderful holiday Rosario. It's clearly well deserved. My husband and daughter toured Jordan last year, when she was working overseas, and had a wonderful time. The historical sites they toured looked stunning, and they enjoyed the food, the people they met, and pretty much everything about the trip. Bon voyage!

Wendy 12 September 2013 at 01:26  

Oooh, a proper holiday! Not that seeing family isn't nice - but I totally get what you're saying. Have a fabulous time!

Darlynne,  12 September 2013 at 17:50  

Enjoy yourself! It is so hard when all one's time off is taken up with obligations (did that for years). I hope you'll share your adventures when you return. Bon voyage!

Brie 20 September 2013 at 15:34  

Ooh! No wonder I hadn't seen you in a while ;-) Jordan is such a beautiful country! I'm sure you're having a great time. I expect a bunch of pictures of food. That is all.

CD,  23 September 2013 at 05:32  

Have a FAB time!! I loved Jordan - particularly wondering around Petra in the evening when they light it all with candles and then have traditional music coming from one of the open spaces. Good times.

From someone who partied in Beirut, though, Amman leaves a lot to be desired [Lebanese sniff of superiority]...

And as lakribane says, we need pics.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP