>> Thursday, December 19, 2002

Chasing Darkness was ok, a well-crafted mystery, but it didn't really catch my attention. A B-.

The characters were nice, both protagonists and secondary characters (though Nick's mom was such a cliché! Stereotypical wise woman, dispensing advise and talking in aphorisms), but I never really warmed up to Sam. Yes, traumatic past and everything, but some of her backstory didn't check out for me... like her divorce. This was SO melodramatic, and the strong Sam described in the book wouldn't have reacted this way.

Also, I don't really see the fascination of serial killers and, more recently, child molesters. Both appear prominently here in this book, and I'm a bit sick of reading about them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP