A Coral Kiss, by Jayne Ann Krentz

>> Monday, December 23, 2002

On Friday, I read my second JAK in a row: A Coral Kiss.

Plot summary:

After a scuba diving incident in the South Pacific leaves her with a dark mystery and a memory of fear, Amy Slater shuns the company of men, until Jed, a man with a secret of his own, enters her life. Amy and Jed are just friends. But when they travel to a Pacific island to solve Amy's boyfriend's murder, she fears that Jed's dark secret may be her worst danger
This one was interesting, but not one of JAK's best. Still, a B+.

I liked the relationship between Jed and Amy, and I just loved the little details, like Amy being a SF/F writer, and Jed building bird cages. JAK is great at this. The scuba diving part was fascinating too, and the suspense subplot was unobtrusive enough for me to like this.

I guess my only problem with this one was that I felt there was something lacking in Amy and Jed's relationship. Both were very nice, but I didn't really see them fall in love. They were friendly, had sex, and boom! they're in love. JAK's usually better at this.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP