>> Friday, November 29, 2002

I'm done with The Bride Fair. That was a quick read. It was ok, I guess, but a B at most.

On the plus side, it had two characters who were very decent people, nice and dignified. On the minus side, I never cared much about them, especially the heroine. Maybe this was because the author truly succeeded in making them products of their time, so I never felt I knew them. Yes, I liked them, but I always felt far away from them.

The tone of the book was quite dark. Nothing bad happens, really, they're just recovering from the bad thing that's happened, but there's still suffering. This could have been a great story, if the author had succeeded in making her characters a bit more alive. The only ones that were alive were Joe and Jake, and I wanted to kill them. ;-) They were the typical hellion children, and I really don't know what they were doing in this story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP