>> Tuesday, January 28, 2003

In the last days, I've been trying to read as many 2002 books as possible, preparing to vote in AAR's 7th Anual Readers Poll. Yesterday I finished reading Bridal Favors, by Connie Brockway, an A+ 2002 book which will likely be my choice for both Favorite European Historical and Favorite Funny. These were 2 categories I'd been having some trouble with.

In European Historicals, I hadn't read any books that had really rocked my boat. The only 2002 books in that category that I'd read had been:

  • Lord of Ice, by Gaelen Foley, just an ok read, a B.
  • Lady Sophia's Lover, by Lisa Kleypas, only a C+, probably my disappointment for the year
  • Romancing Mr. Bridgerton, by Julia Quinn, which I loved when I read it (I gave it an A-), but which doesn't look so great when I look back on it.
  • No True Gentleman, by Liz Carlyle, a B, which competes with Lady Sophia for the title of Disappointment of the Year.
  • The Bride Thief, by Jacquie D'Alessandro, a nice little book, a B-, but nothing much.
  • My Favourite Bride, by Christina Dodd, you know my opinion.
  • Dangerous, by Debra Dier, a D+, didn't like it at all.
I was probably going to go with the Julia Quinn book, but now I'm definitely voting for Bridal Favors.

As for the Favorite Funny, I was going to go with George and the Virgin, by Lisa Cach, but it wasn't really my type of humor. More on Bridal Favors in my next entry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP