>> Thursday, January 30, 2003

Oh dear, it seems I'll be eating gnocchi (or ñoquis, as they're sometimes called in Spanish) till kingdom come. It's a Uruguayan tradition, see? Every month, on the 29th, you have to eat gnocchi and put money under the plate. That way you won't be short of money the following month. Not that I believe in it, of course. This falls under the "it does no harm anyway, so why not do it?" category. Plus, I actually like gnocchi, so it's not a great sacrifice! :-D

Problem is, I'm home alone for the summer, so there's noone else to eat them with me. Best choice would have been to buy a serving from the pasta restaurant a few blocks from my house, but I didn't realize it was the 29th, so I didn't think to tell the lady who comes to clean my house and sometimes cooks for us not to make them. I got home and there was this big platter of gnocchi... enough for 3 or 4 meals. They're so good I refuse to throw some away, so I'll just have to eat them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP