>> Sunday, October 13, 2002

Now The Last Camel Died at Noon: I loved it, an A-. It was one of the best in the series so far. I might actually go looking for my copy of "She" to read after this!

What made it so good? First, of course, the reason why most of us read this series, just seeing Peabody, Emerson and Ramses interact. And Amelia's voice keeps getting better and better. Funny and witty, and at the same time, Peters gently makes fun of her (in a good way). She's one of the few authors that can always make me LOL. Also, I liked that Peabody and Emerson seemed to listen to Ramses a bit more this time. Not much, but a bit.

So, the relationships were as good as ever here, but also, the plot was outstanding. Very elaborate but not confusing, and absolutely fascinating. And the descriptions! I felt like I was right there, in the City of the Holy Mountain. The supporting cast was excellently drawn, too: Tarek, Prince "Nasty", the Handmaidens, the guards, Murtek and Pesaker, just everyone. It was just fun, fun, fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP