>> Sunday, October 20, 2002

what fun! Shield's Lady was great, an A-! The setting was well drawn and very interesting. It was similar, but not the same as the the ones of her other Futuristics, which could have been confusing. However, she succeeded in making its rules completely clear and everything made sense to me.

The characters, Sariana and Gryph, were perfect for this. Sariana was very intelligent, and I loved the way she reacted when things didn't go the way she wanted them to. She didn't throw temper tantrums. She did what she could to resist, and if she saw there was no way to do so, she simply analyzed the best way to deal with the new circumstances. And Gryph, though a teeny bit more alpha than I usually like, was perfect for her. The thing is, JAK's heroes are always betas inside, even when they are supposed to be warriors. These 2 were great together; I enjoyed seeing how much Gryph truly needed Sariana, and how he felt helpless against his feelings. And the love scenes... I'd say Burning!

The weakest element of the book was the suspense subplot, which was much too predictable. The moment Targyn was mentioned, I was sure he was the one behind the disappearance of the prisma cutter. Still, a great book. I'll be looking for JAK's other futuristics.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP